1. DEFINITIONS Newspress.com is the on-line service operated by Ampersand Publishing, LLC on the World Wide Web. It consists of information services and content provided by the Santa Barbara News-Press, affiliates of Ampersand LLC and other third parties. "Subscriber" means an individual who makes a connection ("Account") for access to and use of Newspress.com.
2. GENERAL (A) This Agreement, which incorporates by reference other provisions applicable to use of Newspress.com, including, but not limited to, supplemental terms and conditions set forth the terms and conditions that apply to use of Newspress.com by Subscriber. By using Newspress.com, Subscriber agrees to comply with all of the terms and conditions hereof. The right to use Newspress.com is personal to Subscriber and is not transferable to any other person or entity. Subscriber is responsible for all use of Subscriber's Account (under any screen name or password) and for ensuring that all use of Subscriber's Account complies fully with the provisions of this Agreement. Subscriber shall be responsible for protecting the confidentiality of Subscriber's password(s), if any. Subscriber may not have more than two (2) IP addresses accessing Newspress.com in any 24-hour time period without express permission from Ampersand Publishing, LLC. (3) Print subscriptions on vacation hold will be subject to fees (Website Access fees).
(B) Newspress.com shall have the right at any time to change or discontinue any aspect or feature of Newspress.com, including, but not limited to, content, hours of availability, and equipment needed for access or use.
3. CHANGED TERMS Newspress.com shall have the right at any time to change or modify the terms and conditions applicable to Subscriber's use of Newspress.com, or any part thereof, or to impose new conditions, including, but not limited to, adding fees and charges for use. Such changes, modifications, additions or deletions shall be effective immediately upon notice thereof, which may be given by means including, but not limited to, posting on Newspress.com, or by electronic or conventional mail, or by any other means by which Subscriber obtains notice thereof. Any use of Newspress.com by Subscriber after such notice shall be deemed to constitute acceptance by Subscriber of such changes, modifications or additions.
4. MISCELLANEOUS This Agreement and any operating rules for Newspress.com established by Newspress.com constitute the entire agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersede all previous written or oral agreements between the parties with respect to such subject matter. This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. The section headings used herein are for convenience only and shall not be given any legal import.
5. OTHER We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web site. These companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please see: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
**Please note: The only areas of website that show syndicated stories are National and World. In order to search Associated Press syndicated stories please click here.
All staff articles, graphics and photos in the Santa Barbara News-Press and on Newspress.com are copyrighted by the Santa Barbara News-Press. You may not reproduce, republish or redistribute material found on the web site or from the pages of the News-Press without the express written consent of the copyright holder.
ARTICLES OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR PERSONAL USE You may cut and save articles and photographs for personal use. To request a copy of a published photograph for non-commercial use, please fill out and submit a Photo Reprint Request Form. The charge is $30.00 for an 8" x 10" photo; please allow four weeks for delivery.
REPRINT PERMISSION FOR USE To request permission to reprint articles, photos or graphics from the News-Press, please fill out the Reprint Permission Request Form. We will respond by fax, email, or telephone within five business days. The News-Press only grants permission for material that carries a News-Press reporter byline, staff photographer or artist credit.
Reprint permission approval involves a fee, which is payable before reprint rights are granted. You will be provided a specific quote based on the information supplied on your application form. Material can be provided to you in various electronic and print formats. Please inquire for specific details.
Permission to reprint material is granted subject to use in full. Use of the Santa Barbara News-Press masthead, flag or logo is prohibited. All material must carry the message: "Reprinted with permission from the Santa Barbara News-Press."
Acceptable Reprint Uses (upon News-Press approval): Republishing or using staff-written articles in journals, magazines, tabloids, newspapers, newsletters, dissertations, textbooks, books, slide shows, brochures, pamphlets, CD-ROMs, DVDs and feature films. Making multiple photocopies for use within an organization or company, or as handout. Making copies of articles for coursepacks to be sold to students or for use in electronic coursepacks. Using articles/photographs for insurance claims or court cases. Posting articles on a company or organization intranet or web site.
Unacceptable Reprint Uses: Using articles, graphics or photographs for advertisements or commercials.
Questions or Comments?
Please contact: Library Department Santa Barbara News-Press, P.O. Box 1359 Santa Barbara, CA 93102,